Creating student leaders today for tomorrow’s world through establishing a Biblical foundation and Christian worldview (Proverbs 22:6; 1 Timothy 4:12)
Providing students with an advanced well-rounded education focusing on the various learning styles (visual, auditory, tactile) with an emphasis on developing critical thinkers and problem solvers (Romans 12:2; James 1:5; Proverbs 3:13)
Teaching our students that the world is bigger than just us, and that no one is too young to make a difference (Mark 16:15; Mark 10:45; Acts 20:35)
QUALITY CHRISTIAN EDUCATION FOR OVER 40 YEARS
Christ Fellowship Academy was established in September of 1973 as a ministry of Christ Fellowship Church. Christ Fellowship Academy continues to be a ministry of the church and the Director, Teachers, and Staff Members are employees of the church.
We view training as guiding each child’s development through a loving concern for his physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs. Each child is a gift of God with special abilities and talents. We strive to provide the environment in which the abilities and talents of all students may be developed to their fullest potential.
WHAT YOU CAN COME TO EXPECT
Accredited by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools & Best of Palmetto Bay Private & Parochial Schools 2011, 2010, 2009. Christ Fellowship Academy is certified by the ECFA. This certifies that Christ Fellowship Academy is complying with the highest standards of Christian ethics in its governance, fundraising, and financial management.
Creative classroom design and state of the art technology in a safe and well-maintained environment in order to promote learning.
In addition to our curriculum, we not only provide the basic foundation of writing skills but we also require our students to complete projects, book reports, and story analysis as found in our CFA WAY.
Small student/teacher ratio in every classroom
Loving and dedicated teachers who go beyond the classroom to serve our families. They encourage our students to do their very best and grow in every aspect of their lives – all in a loving manner. This love is only a direct reflection of their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Engaging curriculum with a hands-on approach while developing critical thinking skills. We provide opportunities for additional skills through our specialty program that consists of Art, Music, Spanish, Science Lab, Marine Biology, Computer Lab, Library, and P.E.
Love this school
Love this school. We had our son in their VPK program. For next year we looked at so many other schools, public, charter and other private schools but we always kept coming back to Christ Fellowship. We told our son we decided to send him back to Christ Fellowship and he was so excited and he couldn’t wait to tell his VPK teacher that he will be coming back next year. To me that speaks volumes when your child is excited about going to school.
There isn’t a single thing about CFA our family didn’t love!
What makes CFA unique, though, is the emphasis they place not only on learning God’s word, but also on incorporating it into their daily lives. Students attending CFA learn to become a light and a leader to others in their lives and communities, spreading the gospel and God’s love to others. We couldn’t have asked for a better start to our son’s academic or biblical education!
The Christian School looks to the Holy Bible as the book for determining a philosophy of education and objectives that are valid. Since the Bible is inspired by God and is inerrant, philosophy and objectives derived from it will be God-honoring. They differ from those of schools, which do not derive their statements from God’s revelation.
Christian Schools exist because their philosophy is unique in the educational world. They stand apart, for their philosophy is based upon the truth, according to none other than the Lord Jesus Christ. He said in John 17:17, ‘Sanctify them in the truth; Thy Word is truth.’
Statements of philosophy and objectives must be clearly written and understood if they are to give direction to the school, and if they are to permeate the life of the students. Administrators, teachers, board members and parents, should be involved in formulating these statements and their periodic review and revision.
The Scriptures lay the philosophical foundation as the Master Teacher taught by precept and example; by knowing and doing. Though He reached the masses, He loved each individual. The teachings of Christ were dynamic for He, who is truth, understood His pupils and used His own methods to affect changes in them. The teacher sent by God declares truth and guides experiences. They rely daily upon God’s promise, ‘I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye’ (Psalm 32:8). It is this blessed, peaceful security that the Christian teacher passes on to his students.
General Philosophy & Objectives
Christ Fellowship Academy, a ministry of Christ Fellowship, is founded upon the perpetual mandate of Proverbs 22:6 to ‘Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.’
We believe this responsibility is given to parents; ‘and fathers do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord’ (Ephesians 6:4). However, upon enrollment, the Academy, a ministry of Christ Fellowship, joins in partnership with parents in providing this training.
Training is viewed as guiding each child’s development toward Christ-like character and conduct, through a loving concern for his physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. ‘But the goal of our instruction is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.’ (1 Timothy 1:5) NASB
We believe as Psalm 127:3 states, ‘Children are a gift from God,’ and possess special abilities and talents. We strive to provide an enjoyable environment in which the abilities and talents of the average and above-average student may be developed to their fullest potential. ‘Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons’ (1 Corinthians 12:4-6). NASB
It is our aspiration to guide children toward Christ as the source of all truth and the provider of spiritual life according to Colossians 1:16-17, ‘For by Him all things were created, both in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or under authorities ‘ all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.’
We believe the Word of God is to be at the center of the educational process and the means by which to evaluate all of life. ‘Holding forth the word of life; so that in the day of Christ I may have cause to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain’ (Philippians 2:16). NASB
Learning experiences are designed to assist students in realizing five major objectives:
- To understand and accept God’s love for Him as revealed in Jesus Christ through the Bible as presented in John 3:16.
- To develop a positive attitude toward learning, himself, and others as presented by the positive teachings of Jesus throughout the New Testament. ‘For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.’ (1 Corinthians 3:11) NASB
- To learn the basic facts and concepts fundamental to a formal education. ‘Let the Word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another’And whatever you do in word and deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.’ (Colossians 3:16-17) NASB
- To develop skills of reasoning and communication. ‘Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person.’ (Colossians 4:6) NASB
- To learn to obey, to do right and to love God and country. ‘But I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil.’ (Romans 16:19) NASB
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1.We believe in the inspiration of the Holy Bible, both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament. (Job 32:8, 2 Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Genesis 1:26-28, 2:7, 18-24; Matthew 19:4)
3. We believe in the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18)
4. We believe in His identification as the Son of God. (John 1:34)
5. We believe in His vicarious atonement for the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the cross. (Isaiah 53:5-6, Matthew 20:28, Galatians 3:13, John 1:29)
6. We believe in the resurrection of His body from the tomb. (Matthew 28:5-6, I Corinthians 15:20-22
7. We believe in His power to save men from sin. (Romans 5:8-10)
8. We believe in the new birth through regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (John 3:5)
9. We believe in the gift of eternal life by the grace of God. (John 3:16)
10. We ascribe to Biblical standards of morality. (2 Timothy 3:16)
11. We believe that in order to be saved an individual must accept Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior. (John 14:6; Rom. 3:10, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9-10, 10:13)
PROFESSIONAL ETHICS STANDARDS
“In accord with the Florida Ethics in Education Act” all employees of Christ Fellowship Academy have a duty to report all suspected or actual cases of child abuse, abandonment, or neglect; have immunity from liability if they report such cases in good faith and have a duty to comply with child protective investigations. There is a legal penalty for not reporting suspected or alleged child abuse or alleged misconduct by instructional personnel or school administrators. The Florida Abuse Hotline is 1.800.962.2873. The Christ Fellowship Academy contact is the School Director’s Office – Mrs. Debbie Estevill.